Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Joy in the Journey

I just want to thank everyone for your encouragement on my last post. Writing can be long and exhausting. And like a marathon, it’s nice to have friends cheering along the way.

And I am making progress. The first draft of my new literary fiction is almost complete. Book three of the Screwing Up Times series is moving along. I should get it to my editor/reader soon.

Interestingly, I got a rejection from an agent this week on a different lit fic. But it was a very nice rejection, and she told me that she’d love to see more of my work. So after I licked my wounds, I remembered why I write. Because I love it. And I reminded myself to find joy in the journey. 

3 comments:

  1. Keep going, C! Sounds like you're making good forward progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a positive rejection (if there is such a thing). It's hard to keep writing, but we just have to remember how much we love it. Right??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you around in blogland and keep meaning to come by and check you out. I went to HS with a Connie Keller (real name) and it's not you. I fear we are separated by many years.

    Keep your chin up and may you always find Joy in the Journey.

    ReplyDelete