As I think back over the year, there are so many things that have happened. Here are some highlights with pictures.
1. I didn’t get book three of the Screwing Up Time series published in 2013. Life happens and I don’t want to publish a book that isn’t the best it can be. But it should be out in early spring. (Okay, I don't have a picture for this one, but soon.)
2. Two of my kids moved out. That’s sad, but good too. They graduated from college and are moving on to grad school.
3. I have people over to our house for dinner a lot. But this fall I hosted a Murder Dinner—it was wonderful. Hosting another one is definitely on my to-do list for next year.
4. I got a Screwing Up Time short story published. “Screwing Up Mongolia” came out in September. (Thanks, Tara, for your awesome cover art.)
5. We got a hand-me-down hot tub. There’s nothing like sinking into 101 degree water when the air temperature is freezing. I’m really hoping for snow soon. There’s nothing like sitting in a hot tub when snow is falling.
|Okay, this is before we put the water in. But, I am so NOT publishing a photo of myself in a swimsuit.|
6. My husband and I celebrated our twenty-fifth wedding anniversary, and he took me to Paris! It was the trip of a lifetime.
|We're in the gardens of Versailles.|