Finished! Okay, I’m not totally finished. But I’ve finished the second edit of the Screwing Up Time sequel. And my first betas should begin reading sometime today. So what does a writer do when she’s waiting to hear back on her book? Here’s what I’m doing.
1. Making a list of all the things I want to add or delete to the novel. I'm supposed to give my mind a break from the book, so I can come back with a fresh perspective. But the story still spins in my mind.
2. Looking into making a book trailer. I’ve gotten a lot of nudges to do this. This sounds hard, scary, and totally out of my league. But I've promised a fan that I'd look into it.
3. Printing up the SUT short story so I can begin to edit it. Maybe spinning that story in my mind will take my mind off the sequel.
4. Catching up with things in my real life. Weeding my gardens. Organizing my closet. Doing some spring cleaning. Yeah, writing sounds a lot more fun to me too.
5. Daydreaming about book three. There's an amazing scene that I've seen in my mind. I'm feeling very tempted to go there and explore. A new story is the ultimate writer's drug addiction.